Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Prepare for your next leadership career in the public sector.
Earn Your Master of Public Administration
Connect with your community’s needs while completing the Master of Public Administration program at Wichita State. With a focus on leadership in both public and nonprofit organizations worldwide, the online or on-campus MPA program is a perfect fit for professionals seeking to advance their careers. Graduate students can gain advanced specialization by adding a 12-credit-hour Certificate in Public Finance to their plan of study.
The MPA degree from Wichita State opens career opportunities in the public sector by providing specialization and professional development through advanced study. In fact, 100% of WSU graduates of this program find a job within one year of graduation. Prepare to take on management roles at various levels, from nonprofits to state and local government.
Possible careers include:
- City Manager
- County Executive
- Financial Manager at a Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Director or Administrator
- Research Analyst
- Policy Expert
39 Credit Hours
$328.73 per credit hour
Wichita State Online students pay in-state tuition regardless of where you live. Additional fees to the tuition rate apply depending on the credits and courses taken. Tuition rates subject to change.
Online or On Campus
A Schedule that Works for You
Study full or part-time
Admission to the Master of Public Administration degree requires students to:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Have a grade point average of at least a 3.000 (on a 4.000 system) in the last 60 credit hours of coursework, including any postgraduate work
- International students must attain a minimum score of 575 paper-based, or 88 Internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an overall band score of 7.0 on the IELTS, or a score of 65 on the PTE-Academic.
- Spring Admission – November 1
- Fall Admission – April 1
Affording Your Degree
We know that cost, value, and affordability are important factors in deciding to get your graduate degree. That's why we're proud that WSU is one of the most affordable accredited research institutions in the state of Kansas.
Student payment options:
• This program is financial aid-eligible.
• Ask your employer if they offer tuition assistance.
• Work with our financial aid team to establish a payment plan that fits your unique circumstances.
Support to Help You Succeed
Academic Advisors are available to all students in graduate programs at WSU. Your advisor information is provided at the point of admission. Our student driven approach means you will meet with your advisor to:
- Discuss course options
- Get career guidance
- Create your plan of study
- Know what it takes be successful
WSU empowers you to own your educational experience and to seek support when needed.
“My experience with WSU online has been wonderful. You will find the ability to balance full-time work and family while pursuing your degree with the flexibility the online experience brings. The only thing stopping you is yourself.”
Practice Meets Potential at Wichita State University
At Wichita State University, students learn how to translate classroom potential into career success. That's why Wichita State University is committed to advancing students toward their goals every step of the way – from in-demand undergraduate and graduate degree programs to flexible online coursework, top-notch student support, and access to affordable programs with proven career outcomes.