Online Master of Education in Special Education
Advance your career in the growing field of special education.
Earn Your Master of Education in Special Education
Schools across the nation are looking for experienced teachers with the skill sets needed to serve students that require special education. With an online degree, you can fill one of these roles without having to sacrifice home or class time.
Our online master’s degree program offers students three areas of emphasis:
- Special Education – Low Incidence
- Special Education – High Incidence
- Special Education – High Incidence Alternative Certification
- Special Education – Early Childhood Unified
Licensure verification information
This Master’s Degree in Special Education may not lead to licensure, unless you hold a valid Kansas teaching license. Students outside of Missouri, Oklahoma, Nevada and Colorado, may have additional requirements to obtain their SPED teaching license. Every student should verify with their state’s teacher licensing board what is required to teach SPED in their area.
30 Credit Hours
$328.73 per credit hour
Wichita State Online students pay in-state tuition regardless of where you live. Additional fees to the tuition rate apply depending on the credits and courses taken. Tuition rates subject to change.
100% Online Program
No GRE Required for Admission
With a masters degree you’ll have the opportunity to teach or asses and pursue in-demand careers like:
- Special education teacher
- Educational diagnostician
- Rehabilitation Counselor
All program applicants must:
- Apply and be accepted to the WSU Graduate School
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or higher in the last 60 credit hours
- Submit a current teaching license or certificate
- Spring Admission – November 1
- Summer or Fall Admission – May 1
Affording Your Degree
We know that cost, value, and affordability are important factors in deciding to get your graduate degree. That's why we're proud that WSU is one of the most affordable accredited research institutions in the state of Kansas.
Student payment options:
• This program is financial aid-eligible.
• Ask your employer if they offer tuition assistance.
• Work with our financial aid team to establish a payment plan that fits your unique circumstances.
Support to Help You Succeed
Academic Advisors are available to all students in graduate programs at WSU. Your advisor information is provided at the point of admission. Our student driven approach means you will meet with your advisor to:
- Discuss course options
- Get career guidance
- Create your plan of study
- Know what it takes be successful
WSU empowers you to own your educational experience and to seek support when needed.
“My experience with WSU online has been wonderful. You will find the ability to balance full-time work and family while pursuing your degree with the flexibility the online experience brings. The only thing stopping you is yourself.”
Practice Meets Potential at Wichita State University
At Wichita State University, students learn how to translate classroom potential into career success. That's why Wichita State University is committed to advancing students toward their goals every step of the way – from in-demand undergraduate and graduate degree programs to flexible online coursework, top-notch student support, and access to affordable programs with proven career outcomes.