Earn Your Master of Education in Learning & Instructional Design
WSU’s online Master of Education in Learning and Instructional Design prepares educators and professionals by going beyond traditional Curriculum & Instruction programs. Students will become highly skilled educational leaders by learning how to apply emerging technologies and media into course design and delivery.
Students will master the principles behind instructional content and delivery, program design and instructional leadership.
Elective course plans allow specialization in the following areas:
- Educational Technology
- Interdisciplinary STEM Education
- Interdisciplinary, student-designed focus
30 Credit Hours
$348.48 per credit hour
*Does not include college and department fees, as these vary based on major and credits enrolled. The tuition and fees listed are subject to change by action of the Kansas Board of Regents.
100% Online Program
A Schedule that Works for You
Study full or part-time
A Master’s of Education in Learning & Instructional Design can open you up to an array of opportunities in a growing and in-demand field. Typical careers include:
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Instructional Designer
- Corporate Trainer
- Learning Strategies Director
- Educational Consultant
In addition to the Graduate School admission requirements, students seeking the Master of Education in Learning and Instructional Design must meet the following criteria:
- Show potential to do graduate work by meeting one or more of the following:
- Graduate from the WSU teacher education program with a minimum GPA of 2.750; or
- Graduate from an NCATE accredited program with a 3.000 or better GPA; or
- GPA of at least 2.750 and GRE scores of at least 152 in Verbal and 153 in Quantitative; or
- Provide alternative evidence that documents academic aptitude.
- Provide evidence of involvement in teaching, training and/or program design, or recommendation by the graduate program committee
- Spring Admission – November 1
- Summer or Fall Admission – May 1
Affording Your Degree
We know that cost, value, and affordability are important factors in deciding to get your graduate degree. That's why we're proud that WSU is one of the most affordable accredited research institutions in the state of Kansas.
Student payment options:
• This program is financial aid-eligible.
• Ask your employer if they offer tuition assistance.
• Work with our financial aid team to establish a payment plan that fits your unique circumstances.
Support to Help You Succeed
Academic Advisors are available to all students in graduate programs at WSU. Your advisor information is provided at the point of admission. Our student driven approach means you will meet with your advisor to:
- Discuss course options
- Get career guidance
- Create your plan of study
- Know what it takes be successful
WSU empowers you to own your educational experience and to seek support when needed.
“I really enjoyed taking online classes, the pace and flexibility was great especially with my work schedule and events outside of class. The curriculum was presented in entirety at the beginning of the semester which allowed me to prepare ahead of time.”
As the No. 1 most affordable research institution in Kansas and the No. 1 transfer destination in Kansas (for 10 years in a row), Wichita State University is committed to building a community that will break the mold. Through groundbreaking research and real-world application, you’ll be prepared to pursue your dreams as soon as you graduate.
Our programs evolve based on your needs and job market trends. The Shocker Career Accelerator program is designed specifically to help you build relevant, in-demand skills. We also offer applied learning opportunities such as clinical placement, service learning and volunteering, and student research and mentorships so you're fully prepared to enter or advance in your field.